Monday, September 14, 2009

Creation from a child's point of view

I was trying so hard to listen with a straight face to this honest debate between my children. I am sure I won't quote it all perfectly but you will get the idea...I was really trying not to laugh.

First, Bailey informs the table, "God made me. Daddy helped. God wrapped me up in a blanket and "swooshed" me down, down, down, down, down. Then Daddy grabbed me and put me in Mommy's belly."

Austen follows with, " nuh uh. Daddy didn't do anything. He just sat in a chair."

Morgan, "God didn't make me..." at which point Bailey and Austen started berating him and yelling, "yes he did!!!!" and Bailey added, "And Daddy helped"

Bending under pressure Morgan agreed with his version, "well God didn't wrap me in a blanket he sent me to Mommy in a bolt of lightening. And Mommy yelled, 'oh I have a baby in my belly.'" At this point Kenneth nearly choked on his dinner trying not to laugh out loud at that image.

I am amazed at their creativity and imagination. The version of how they were made from my and Kenneth's lips has always been, "Mommy and Daddy prayed for you. God made you with Daddy's help and gave you to us. God put you in Mommy's belly until it was time for you to come out." Where the blanket, the chair and the lightening came from I have NO idea!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment