Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Jesus dies AND the chicken crosses the road!

On the drive to pick Morgan up from school Austen asks in the most serious and solemn tones, "Mommy, why, oh why, did God send his ONLY child to DIE!!!!!?" I answered with, "Austen, God sent his only son to earth so that we can all be God's children and when we die we can go to heaven." Seemingly satisfied but in the same tone of voice and expression asks, "but why did the chicken cross the road to go to the pond while a car was coming????" I almost laughed out loud at the thought progression and said, "umm, to get to the other side." In pure joy she clapped her hands and said, "that is exactly right, mommy!" I didn't know she was testing me, I guess I passed her logic test!

No comments:

Post a Comment