How I love to have great conversations with my kids. I have long felt that with each new stage/phase of parenting God gives you a truly bright and wonderful part that just makes it all worth it. So, while I don't much like riding Morgan to get his homework finished the conversations that we have are just incredible. Morgan has been reading his Bible quite a bit lately which has sparked many interesting and thought provoking conversations. Here are snippets of a few:
"The Earth was created like this... Venus, Mars and stuff were floating around. And there were these 12 Roman gods fighting and being crazy. Then God came in and defeated them all. So as a victory he swooped up the Earth and cleaned it up and made it nice and pretty. Then he swept up some dust and blew it and there was man!"
"Who did Cain and Abel marry? I mean Adam and Eve were the first people so where did the other girls come from....maybe Satan had a daughter." --it was very hard not to laugh at this train of thought....
"How are we supposed to be the least and the greatest at the same time?"
"What does BC mean"--M
"It means before Christ"--Me
"That is ridiculous, there wasn't anything before Christ. He is part of God and there has always been God." --M
"It is referring to before Christ-was born as a man to save us." --Me
"oh." --M
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment