Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Too smart....

Morgan has always asked questions that I cannot answer. Last year this time he asked, "If Jesus died so we can go to Heaven, where did the people that died before Jesus go?" I promptly turned him over to Pastor Jay, who later told me that his question is actually debated in major theological circles. So today he asked during our science lesson on life cycles, "Wait a minute. If frogs come from eggs, where did the first frog come from to lay the egg?" What five year old thinks like this!!!?? And he can now do two part math problems in his head with no visuals at all. For example: 2+2+1=5 and 10+10+5=25

Austen is proving to be just as intriguing. She once announced (at 3am I might add) "chickens can't kiss monkeys they don't have lips!!" And earlier in the month she refused to eat her sliced apple. When asked, "why?" She answered, "Its got 'kay'!" That is Austen-speak for, "It is decaying." She didn't like the fact that the apple was turning a bit brown from being cut and exposed to the air.

Bailey is just as smart but not as verbal. His strength lies in his analytical skills which far surpass both Austen and Morgan. I am scared at the questions and ideas he will be bringing me in another year!!:) Or worse, discovering exactly what it is he is experimenting with a bit too late....like the time he flooded the bathroom to create his personal waterpark!

No comments:

Post a Comment